Cookery Skills Programmes for Primary Schools
Want to Know More About Our Primary School Courses?
Our programmes have been developed from our extensive experience in working in classrooms and schools all over the country since 2013 and give real-life practical applications to many parts of the primary school curriculum, including maths, science and SPHE.
Teachers CPD Programmes:
- They allow teachers to deliver meaningful cookery lessons in the classroom.
- They provide resources that take the stress out of preparing and delivering each lesson.
- Lessons have been developed using a stepped approach that repeats and builds on skills.
- They are best suited to children from 1st to 6th class.
- Module 1 suitable for all ages.
- Lessons help develop fine motor skills and dexterity.
- Levels are organised depending on the cookery kit available.
It is not necessary to have a full kitchen available in the school, we recommend a cookery kit that is practical, adaptable, effective and economical.
The Programme Includes:
- 9 CPD Modules – Module 1 provides start up training and 3 classroom lessons. Continue with additional modules to develop and expand the children’s skills.
- 3 Cookery Levels – Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced.
- 27 recipes across the 3 levels.
- Individual lesson plans and shopping lists.
- Interactive resources to manage the lessons.
- Online and in-person training and support available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In-School Support Programme
To Compliment the CPD training, we also offer a follow on In-School Support Programme. This programme provides:
- Annual online access for schools to the training material and resources.
- Access to the video tutorials in the classroom. These facilitate the delivery of the lessons through step by step instructions and allow the teacher time to support the children in executing the tasks.
- The facility for video tutorials to be used during practical sessions or as demonstrations with the children making the recipes as project or course work at home.
- A variety of packages to suit the number of school classes involved.
When a school signs up for an IN-School Support Programme they also get FREE access to the corresponding Cook Along at Home Programme, This means children get to practice the same recipes but with instructions and set up for a home situation.
The annual fee for this package starts at €150 for 4 teacher accounts and 50 children\family accounts. For more details on fees, contact email@example.com.
Beginners; Introducing Basic Cookery Skills
In this level we introduce many of the basic skills of cookery;Kitchen safety and hygiene
– Reading a recipe
– Measuring liquids
– Exploring spices
– Measuring spoons
– Chopping and dicing
Repeat and practice basics
Intermediate; Skills for Cooking Using an Oven
In this level, we continue to use the skills already learned and build on them with the skills and techniques used in oven cooking. Skills include;
– Pané Stations
– Pastry Making
– Separating Eggs
– Rubbing in or crumbing
– Bread making with yeast
– Bread making without yeast
Simplify and remove the mystery
Advanced: Skills for Cooking Using a Hob
Continuing to use previous skills learned, this level focuses on cooking a hob. Skills developed include:
– How to marinade
– Making fresh pasta
– Making a Béchamel cause
– How to make fresh pasta
– How to make a tomato sauce
Build confidence and independence