Cookery Skills Programmes for Primary Schools
Want to Know More About Our Primary School Courses?
- They allow teachers to deliver meaningful cookery lessons in the classroom.
- They provide resources that take the stress out of preparing and delivering each lesson.
- Lessons have been developed using a stepped approach that repeats and builds on skills.
- They are suitable for all ages.
- Lessons help develop fine motor skills and dexterity.
- Levels are organised depending on the cookery kit available.
It is not necessary to have a full kitchen available in the school, we recommend a cookery kit that is practical, adaptable, effective and economical.
Our programmes have been developed from our extensive experience in working in classrooms and schools all over the country since 2013 and give real-life practical applications to many parts of the primary school curriculum, including maths, science and SPHE.
The Programmes Include:
- Annual Plans
- 3 Levels, 27 recipes
- Interactive resources to manage the lessons
- Discussion Forum
- Online and in-person training and support available
- There is also a corresponding on-line programme available for parents so children can repeat and practice the recipes at home
Beginners; Introducing Basic Cookery Skills
In this level we introduce many of the basic skills of cookery;Kitchen safety and hygiene
– Reading a recipe
– Measuring liquids
– Exploring spices
– Measuring spoons
– Chopping and dicing
Repeat and practice basics
Intermediate; Skills for Cooking Using an Oven
In this level, we continue to use the skills already learned and build on them with the skills and techniques used in oven cooking. Skills include;Roasting
– Pané Stations
– Pastry Making
– Separating Eggs
– Rubbing in or crumbing
– Bread making with yeast
– Bread making without yeast
Simplify and remove the mystery
Advanced: Skills for Cooking Using a Hob
Continuing to use previous skills learned, this level focuses on cooking a hob. Skills developed include:Sautéing
– How to marinade
– Making fresh pasta
– Making a Béchamel cause
– How to make fresh pasta
– How to make a tomato sauce
Build confidence and independence